The Call of The Wild, Listen!

Buck’s story is based on a Classic American Literature – Jack London’s legendary adventure, Call of the Wild and it will definitely give us a cinematic experience of a lifetime, with Harrison Ford as its lead. Twentieth Century Fox vividly brings to screen the story of Buck, a very huge big-hearted dog whose blissful domestic life is turned upside down when he is dognapped from his California home and was brought to the exotic wilds of the Canadian Yukon in the 1890s. He became a mail delivery dog sled member and eventually the leader. He will then after be lead to discover his true place in the world and become his own master.

The team behind the film used cutting edge visual effects and animation technology in order to render the animals in the film, which is fully photorealistic and emotionally authentic, I must say.

callofthewildbuck

Photo: 20th Century Fox

We got to watch the special screening of The Call of the Wild and I didn’t expect how much I’d enjoy it. For a non-pet lover like me, watching Buck’s story — his epic adventures and heartbreaking hardships – warmed my heart.. tugged a string in my heart. There’s really this feeling of contentment or pride when you fit in or a part of something. Funny how even Buck had that problem.
DSCF2332
Just like Buck, there is once (or even more times) in our life, when we find ourselves lost in a path where we don’t know where we will go or what we will do. We don’t know who we are. We don’t know our place in this world. I did. I know you do too. In truth, I never knew who I am supposed to be. I just lived on to who I am now, because I believe I am called to be one, a mom. No regrets though. Who I am now may be different from whom I want to be when I was younger and who I am now didn’t achieve this overnight. I had to get lost and find the right direction and go through hard experiences to be able to find the wild in me. I’ve always been vocal of my life’s greatest fear – that Coco wouldn’t find his place in this world. One day, he may also experience terrible things, like what Buck experienced, but I know he will get through it, again like Buck, because he is strong and determined and most of all, he is loved.

The Call of The Wild is definitely for the whole family, especially for families with pets like Buck and it is NOW SHOWING in Philippine Cinemas nationwide!

This entry was posted in movies and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Call of The Wild, Listen!

1. Jethro says:

This is great, Maam Margaux! I enjoyed this classic when I was younger but I did not realize there was a movie adaptation. Thank you so much for sharing this! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Fangirl Clang says:

Thanks for sharing this.Sabihin ko sa cousin ko ito, baka magustuhan niya.

3. Prado Arturo Navarro Bognot says:

Awwwww! I have a really soft spot for doggos and the trailer and your review seems to suggest that there is more to just doggo cuteness in this movie. Looks like the story is also great! ๐Ÿ˜€

4. dawnlyndelle says:

Even though I have fur babies myself, I tend to veer away from pet movies because I don’t want to bawl my eyes out during or after watching (I blame the dog movie, “Hachi” ๐Ÿ˜…) . This movie also looks different from other dog movies which is refreshing. ๐Ÿถโ˜บ๏ธ

5. dawnlyndelle says:

Even if I have fur babies, I tend to veer away from pet movies because I donโ€™t want to bawl my eyes out during or after watching (I blame the movie, โ€œHachiโ€, for this ๐Ÿ˜‚). This film looks different than others though. The plot is refreshing. ๐Ÿ˜Š

6. Awww Iโ€™ve never heard of this movie before. Thanks for sharing. I think this movie is greatโ€ฆ first one of the main characters is an animal haha I hope this wonโ€™t make me cry like Hachiko hahah

7. May De Jesus-Palacpac says:

I knew it! I’d know that title anywhere! Growing up, this book has been in our shelves…my brothers’ actually, but the artwork on the cover wasn’t so attractive, and I guess I wasn’t interested then. I am…now. Will take the boys to see this one.

8. Awwwww. I totally relate to what you described and that is something im going through right now. Im more of a cat person than a dog persom, but nonetheless i think that watch this movie is a good idea.

Just the kind of movie my family will enjoy even though I am not a pet person, too.

Aww this looks like a nice movie with many great lessons for the kiddos and kid at heart! ๐Ÿ˜€ I love dogs so I’ll wait for this to be available hopefully in Netflix hehe ๐Ÿ˜€