For the love of bacon that we can’t resist, I will be sharing this very simple snack that you can make, even while you are doing your work from home responsibilities, so you can still make your family’s merienda special.
CDO Bacon are made from sliced whole pork bellies that are cured and smoked to achieve that distinct and unique bacon flavor. It is perfectly made flavorful, delicately crispy and delightfully delicious.* It is versatile that it can be pair with anything! It’s perfect pair for me, is Danes Cheese, as you remember the Cheese and Bacon Roll Ups I made earlier during the lock down.
1 200g pack CDO Bacon
3 large potatoes, chopped into cubes
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 Danes Cheese, grated
3 green onions sliced thin
*I also added mozarella cheese, chop into cubes
1. Cook the bacon – you can do either of these – a) spread the bacon strips in a baking tray rimmed with a baking sheet, and place it inside your oven. Set the temperature to 200 degrees Celcius and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven when you are satisfied on how it is cooked – crispy? crunchy? I cooked mine chewy because I want the fats! OR b) Cook in the pan, just how you normally cook it.
2. While the bacon is cooking, peel and chop the potatoes.
3. When bacon is cooked, transfer it to a paper towel lined plate to drain the excess oil and put the potatoes in the pan with bacon grease. Coat the potatoes with bacon grease. Don’t forget though, to remove the bacon grease if it looks like it is too much.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes. Stir and back for another 10 minutes, do this twice. (Total of 30 minutes)
5. Chop your bacon and once potato is done baking, sprinkle cheese and chopped bacon on top and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
6. Top with sliced green onions before serving.
PS. You can try this in a pan, after you cook your bacon, cook the potatoes then add cheese and chopped bacon after.
That’s how easy this recipe is, I can bring home the bacon in both merienda time and my work! Bacon will always be hooooome!
*CDO Bacon description came from CDO Foodsphere