Mondelēz International (NASDAQ:MDLZ) celebrates its Purpose to empower people to snack right by focusing on well-being for its colleagues, consumers and communities during its third annual Purpose Day. The event, which is held around the anniversary of the global snacking company’s founding on October 1, mobilizes nearly 31,000 colleagues to activate a key element of the company’s purpose in unison around the world. This year’s theme is “Let’s put the ‘we’ in well-being.”
Given the strains of the pandemic, well-being has never been more urgent. According to IPSOS’ 2021 Global Well-being Survey, only one-third of people say well-being is fully or slightly integrated into their company’s business and talent strategy. Top employee well-being issues include work-life balance (61%), mental health (61%), work environment/culture (47%) and burnout (43%).
With the importance of holistic well-being climbing rapidly, the company has chosen to focus its annual Purpose Day activities exclusively on well-being in the areas of mind, body and connection, including:
- MDLZ Master Class held last Sept. 30 on LinkedIn Live https://www.linkedin.com/company/mondelezinternational for colleagues and the public focused on demystifying personal well-being with the following thought leaders present:
- Dirk Van de Put, Chairman and CEO, Mondelēz International
- Anh Tran, D., M.P.H. and Global Director of Health, Mondelēz International
- Clif Smith, Mindfulness Leader, EY and bestselling author of Mindfulness Without the Bells and Beads
- Healthy Habits Challenge where colleagues can complete simple micro actions in the areas of mind, body and connection to enhance their personal well-being
- 40 Local Well-being Volunteer Events where possible and which benefited community well-being, from harvesting vegetables for disadvantaged communities to promoting physical activity for kids
- 35 Local Well-being Chats highlighting local efforts such as new well-being product innovations, mindful snacking, mental health, meditation and nutrition.
The company celebrated Purpose Day in the Philippines by having three activities to promote the well-being of its people. The first was a Walk/ Run/ Bike competition where as many as 18 colleagues were given prizes for having the most number of steps and kilometers during a 2-week challenge period. In total the company achieved more than 5 million steps and 4,800 kilometers for the bike and run challenges with half of its workforce participating. With October being Mental Health Month, a virtual session was also held which featured Dr. Shake Hocson of the Far Eastern University, who provided tips to colleagues on how to take care of their mind health during this pandemic. Lastly, a Passion Showdown was held, where colleagues submitted causes they are passionate about, for a chance to win funding for a donation. The winning cause was to support the Children’s Joy Foundation.
About Mondelēz International Mondelēz International, Inc. (Nasdaq: MDLZ) empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. With 2020 net revenues of approximately $27 billion, MDLZ is leading the future of snacking with iconic global and local brands such as OREO, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Mondelēz International is a proud member of the Standard and Poor’s 500, Nasdaq 100 and Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Visit www.mondelezinternational.com or follow the company on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDLZ. About Mondelez Philippines Mondelez Philippines Inc. has been providing consumers with delicious snack products for the past 58 years - since 1963. Its product portfolio includes Tang powdered beverages, Eden cheese, mayonnaise and sandwich spread, Cheez Whiz spread, Oreo cookies, Tiger energy biscuits, belVita breakfast biscuits, as well as Toblerone and Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolates. The company employs about 450 people in the Philippines, with a manufacturing facility in Parañaque City. Visit https://ph.mondelezinternational.com/home.